Wednesday 27 August 2014

RG Comes to Double O - FINALLY!

When it comes to mobile suits, (IMHO) the cream of the crop as far as Gundam series go is Gundam 00.  It's story is kind of a cross between Wing and Seed but it's suits are monsters.   You would be very hard pressed to find a Gundam from any series that could go one on one with Setsuna in the Quanta...maybe Camille in Zeta, Kira in Strike Freedom and Amuro in Hi-Nu but that's about it.   For me, the 00 suits are more high-tech than any other series, more original and the solar reactors give them a unique look while retaining the whole Minovsky-like mystique that the original series had (got to have some back story to explain how they can make 60 foot robots move around like ninjas!).

With this in mind, I was of course super-excited to see that 00's Exia would be getting a RG release.  I have had a blast making the RG's I have made so far (Freedom, grunt Zaku, Full Vernian, Justice, and Mark II) so I expected big things with this kit.  Bandai, of course in their own unique way, delivers on that but I have no doubt there will be some issues.   At least Exia doesn't have a monster back pack so standing it should be easy.  BTW, I was so keen to get this kit that I double ordered it so I ended up with 2 Exia's.   Bandai Online store has an Astrea parts kit for it so hopefully I can get my hands on one of them so I can make an Astrea out of the 2nd one.

I've decided that this kit will be my first FULLY PAINTED Gundam.  I've painted the frame on the last bunch of gundams  I've made and the weapons as well and sometimes highlight colours but never the armor panels (other than flat clear) from head to toe.  I'm going to play with the red and blue a bit to try and get some sparkle from them so I can try and make it look like it's going into Trans Am mode.  Hopefully it'll look cooler than Bandai's lame Trans Am mode kits, which they just colour the parts pink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment