Monday 24 March 2014

First Post...Gundam Seed RG Kits

My 1st RG build:  Freedom.  This one sits on my desk at work.


My 2nd RG build:  Justice.  So far I've build Freedom, Justice, (grunt) Zaku II, (Titans) Mark II, GP-01 Full Vernian.  I consider 1/144 scale (RG & HG) models 'practice' kits for the bigger MG & PG kits.


Here is the RG Aile Strike.   I painted most of the frame and weapons but kept the armor unpainted.  I clear coated the shield but not the body (lazy).

As for what I'm currently building, I'm finishing up the HG Build Fighters Zaku Amazing which I handpainted all the accents and highlighting on.  On deck is the HG Brave Commander Test Type piloted by Graham Aker in the Gundam 00 movie and it'll be the first kit where I paint everything (airbrush this time).

As for Seed RG Kits, of course there's more.   I've got the Aile Strike, Destiny and Strike Freedom kits in my backlog.  I guess the only one missing is Infinite Justice so hopefully Bandai hurries it up with that, if only so they can finally stop making Seed RG kits.   My favourite series, suits wise, is Gundam 00 and we get Exia released soon, making it the first RG kit that is not from either the UC or CE universe.

My RG Wishlist:

1. Ez-8.  Shirou is the man, plain and simple.  Coolest Gundam pilot ever, only male lead in a Gundam series to ever actually have sex - Kira doesn't count, knowing him he had Flay naked in his bed and did nothing.

2. Arios / Archer.  Allelujah is by far the most unstable, crazy, insane, damaged pilot in Gundam history.  Add in Mary and you've got a double Gundam just chock full of crazy.    We've already seen a transformable RG suit with the Zeta so this is possible, even if they released them separately, as long as they can join up as well.  

3. Tallgeese III.  I'm not a huge Wing fan, I just don't like the Gundam pilots in it that much.  But it does feature one of the coolest bad-guys-that-turn-into-good-guys in Zechs Marquise and the Tallgeese III is cooler than Epyon in my opinion.

4. Full Armour ZZ.  I probably will never get the RG Zeta since I already build the MG 2.0 but I'd build the FAZZ.  Hate the pilot, hate the series, love the suit...it's a powerhouse that could probably take any Gundam in history if Camille were piloting it.

5. Kshatriya.  Its too big to do a decent MG of and we've already seen a HG so why not ramp up the detail and make us an RG of this beast.  I'm not big on the main Unicorn suits, the Unicorn and Sinanju aren't even as cool as the Nu and Sazabi, the best thing about Unicorn is the other suits like Kshatriya and the Zeta/Hyaku-Shiki descendents (Delta Plus and Rezel).

No comments:

Post a Comment